This & That

Before we left for NY last week a dear friend of ours messaged that he would be in NY for business during our stay & we have arranged to hang out today. While we are anxiously awaiting his arrival I thought I could pass some time by posting a few pictures for updates. 
Josie's incision is very hard to show with pictures, but essentially it starts at the temple just into her hairline & zig-zags along the hairline all the way across to the opposite temple. I haven't counted, but there are lots of little staples in there. She tells me that it really itches, but otherwise has no pain. She was only on Tylenol & Motrin for the first couple days. 

It's pretty obvious where they put the drain in, we are hopeful this can come out before we fly home Tuesday night. You may notice two tiny sutures in the middle of her forehead, this is where they released fluid before they inserted the drain. I wish I had a before picture showing the swelling, but I guess you'll just have to take my word that the drain helped tremendously. 
After Josie's bandages were removed & the drain inserted, we were told no hair washing until the drain is out. For the first couple of days Josie resorted to wearing a knit hat I had brought for myself. It has worked perfectly & I'm so glad I brought it. Yesterday I was able to lightly comb through her hair & put a couple loose braids in. Since then she's ditched the hat :-) 
Yesterday we had a wonderfully boring day of laundry & movie marathons. We ended our day with the RMH annual PJ Party Night. Volunteers from The Company Store served a great meal and Josie & I were given some pretty sweet holiday PJ's (pictured above). We participated in some fun activities & games, it was a great way to end our day. 

Tomorrow we head back to the clinic to meet one last time with her doctors. They'll check her incision, possibly remove her drain, and we'll talk more about next steps. It's supposed to be a balmy 68 degrees, so if there's no rain, you'll most likely find us in the park! 




Comments

  1. She's as beautiful as ever....much love & lots of prayers from Humeston....thinkin of all you!!! Dee & Bill Wetterling & family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts