Happy Birthday! (3 weeks post-op)

We've been busy celebrating! The twins turned 5 years old on Aug. 1st and Miss Millie turned 2 on July 28th. With their birthdays so close together we always celebrate with one big party. With the never-ending heat this summer, a pool party sounded like a good idea!
Josie is trying to talk Brooks into jumping.
They were still buzzing about their party today, so I think it was a memorable one!
Josie's features continue to change and I catch myself staring at her daily. It just amazes me to watch her perfect little face come out of it's cocoon.
Her new roller skates
Today I filled out the kids' preschool forms and as I did I had a realization. I've had so much anxiety (and tears) over the years at the thought of sending the kids to school; primarily because I never wanted anyone to ever crush Josie's spirit. The thought of it crushed me. But as I was filling out those forms I realized that my stomach wasn't rolling in knots at the thought of school starting and I was actually feeling excited for them. Over the past year Josie's looks have changed but she is still the same brave, easy-going, soft-hearted little girl that she's always been and she gets to start school just like everybody else. While her appearance isn't yet "perfect" according to society's standards I've realized my new prayer for her is that she'll embrace the things that make her different and excel because of them. She and Brooks are so excited for school and I have no other option but to be excited for them. I'm so proud of them both and thankful for our journey. So, (deep breath) let the school year begin. My sweet babies are growing up!

Surgery #4 is this coming Friday. I won't be there for this one but Dave will be in constant contact with me so I will continue to post updates as I hear from him. Hopefully after this surgery we have a nice long break from surgeries!

Comments

Popular Posts