2 Weeks Post-Op Surgery 4



I'm not going to sugar coat the last week and half, its been rough. Since our family was reunited last Tuesday; which feels like months ago now, we've been running against the current. I won't go into all the ugly details of last week but to summarize, with the help of Josie's doctors we pulled together a surgery with an Ophthalmologist that Josie has never seen before in 3 days. It was an accomplishment to say the least (only a few tears of frustration were shed). My great piece of advice to any parents out there is to develop good relationships with all of your child's doctors and to be persistent in their care. They can serve as great advocates for our children and open doors that we can't. My tears of frustration came from trying to juggle information between 3 and sometimes 4 different docs last week, I felt like more of a nuisance than I cared to but in the end it ultimately paid off.  Between a handful of doctors, one of which is in an entirely different state, they helped pave the way for Josie. Her tear duct surgery with Dr. Suh was a success on Monday with only a few tears shed by mother, daughter, and a tender-hearted nurse. Her sutures were also removed in the process. Dr. Franks removed her drain last Friday and has helped to keep an eye on her sutures inside of her mouth. We have said out loud so many times "thank God for Dr. Franks, we don't know what we'd do without him".

Today Josie is busy healing and getting back to her happy-go-lucky self. School starts next week and both kids are really eager to get this school year started. We are all breathing a sigh of relief that the surgeries will cease for a little while. I know next spring/summer will be here before we know it but I'm giddy at the thought of normalcy for a little while (I know Josie is, too).

























While this trip was stressful to say the least, the staff at Roosevelt Hospital took extraordinary care of Josie (and Dave for that matter). Before Josie was discharged one of the nurses gave her a bag of Disney Princess costumes to take home and even threw in a costume for Millie. This picture is of the girls enjoying their new ball gowns:)
  
In the middle of our crazy life last week we did take an afternoon to go enjoy the state fair. I had promised the kids and it was the one thing that Josie got really excited about.
In the butterfly garden at the fair

Enjoying her pony ride at the fair































I know I sound like a broken, sappy record but I can't thank our families enough for all that they've helped us with over this past year and all that they'll continue to do down the road. To our amazing friends; some old & some new, I thank God every day for you. You've literally helped to shape our little girl's future and I love you for loving her.

Comments

  1. Erin, Josie looks like she is doing great! Maybe you know already that I am a nurse at the Wolfe Clinic and I know Dr Suh is a brilliant and compassionate man. Glad things are getting back to normal. We are looking forward to SAMs next trip in Oct . Gob Bless
    Michelle Hedlund

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    I remember Kati saying that you were a nurse but I had forgotten that it was for Wolfe. Josie goes back in two weeks to see Dr. Suh, he seems like a wonderful doctor!

    I'm always thinking about Sam, I have such a soft spot for him. We'll be praying for him (and your family). Can't wait to hear how things go!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts