14 Weeks Post-Op & Headed Back to NYC

9 weeks post-op

Here we are 14 weeks after Josie's last surgery and the 3rd surgery has already creeped up on us. I don't care if you've been through this 100 times, the knowing what to expect gets easier but the anxiety and nerves does not go away (for parents anyway). I'm a sleepy, weepy mess lately. Josie on the other hand is completely stoked for the plane ride tomorrow, she loves the whole routine of waking up really early and jet-setting to New York. The hardest part for her seems to be the pre-op process, she hates needles and having her blood-drawn. It took three of us to keep her still last week; one to hold her arm, one to draw her blood and me to to lay across her...heart-breaking :(

Everyone seems to have the same comments or questions lately; how many more surgeries and/or what will they do this time? The answer to both is, we don't know. As for the number of surgeries I'm guessing 2-3 more in the near future, but that's purely a guess. Its all know as you go, one step at-a-time. She'll more than likely make trips back to see Dr. Waner as she's growing up. Mentally I prepare for the worst but I always pray for the best. As for what they'll do this time, we were told they would focus on the apple of her cheek. We have an appointment with Dr. Waner tomorrow afternoon and he'll hopefully shed some light on what to expect. However, the last time they didn't decide anything until they had her on the table. This whole experience has forced me to let go of all my control and power (very, very hard for me) and truly experience faith. Its a humbling, amazing thing. Anyway, please lift Josie up in your prayers and thoughts this coming Thursday (July 12). As always, I'll do my best to keep the blog up-to-date as we are in New York.

Comments

Popular Posts