Spring in New York

I have been lax in updating the blog as of late so I apologize. To bring everyone up-to-speed...Josie is 13 weeks out from her last surgery. We made our 3rd trip to New York today; we rose before the roosters this morning and made the trip here. Josie had her pre-op appointment at 2:30 this afternoon and Dr. O and Dr. Waner talked with us about what to expect for Thursday's surgery. The conclusion they came to was that the final decision for proceedure would happen on the operating table.

What I did take from our conversation today was that her incision will be bigger than I originally understood. It will start under her eye and run along her nose and into her smile line. The decision they seemed to be hung-up on was the best way to lift her smile. One option they are considering is removing a strand of muscle from the back of her thigh, it seemed to Dave and I that that was the most likely approach they'll use....but then again, that could very well change.

I think that I'll have much more information to share after her surgery. Until then we plan to fully enjoy the city. Tonight we have plans to meet up with the Lemberg's. Sam's surgery is tomorrow...please say a prayer for him and his parents. Josie has tomorrow to enjoy the city while she feels 100%, so far the only thing she wants to do is go to the American Girl store. She is pretty easy to please:)

The clinic will call us tomorrow with her surgery time, so I'll post an update when we know.

Comments

  1. Josie and Family, I am sending all the love and prayers to you. God is good and he will take care of all of you and protect you on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the updates! Keeping all of you in my thoughts. Good positive attitudes make a difference and Erin and Dave, you are doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ERIN, OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL.
    LOVE UNCLE SAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the positive thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts