Thank You

Oh my, where do I even begin?? In the past 4 days our family has been on one fantastic ride. It all started last Thursday while I was making dinner; the phone rang and I answered the "unavailable" call never imagining that Dan Winters from WHO channel 13 news would be on the other line. As he was trying to explain who he was and why he was calling I was trying to figure out how the heck he got our information and why we were news worthy. After I hung up, some time passed and as I debated the pros and the cons of doing the interview the little voice inside my head that pushes me to do uncomfortable things kept insisting that Josie's story could only be for the positive. The phone rang again and ironically enough it was Dan calling back with more information. I had my chance to back out but that voice in my head won and Josie's story aired Friday on the 5 o'clock news. We've had such an overwhelming response to her story and are so grateful we went through with it! This is Josie's story...http://www.whotv.com/videobeta/913035f1-0842-45b9-ab0c-ad78b1887a52/News/Josie-s-Story.

On Saturday our families & friends hosted an unbelievable benefit for Josie. We were completely overwhelmed by the multitudes of people who came and kept coming. Our families had prepared food for 300 people (fully expecting to have left-overs) but by 5:30 there had already been 150 plates served. Every time I looked up I saw another table being set-up and more chairs being added. A hall that seats between 500-600 people was completely full. My mother-in-law said the last count for plates served was at 530.


I saw many faces that I knew very well and I met lots of friends for the first time. One of the absolute high-lights of our night was when Kati & Zach Lemberg walked in the door with their children Sam & Reese. Sam is the little boy that has the same diagnosis as Josie. I had just blogged last week that we would be meeting for the first time in New York City in April when our kids are scheduled to have their next surgeries. I had told myself before the benefit started that I wasn't going to cry until Monday...but when I saw those beautiful faces I lost it. As Oprah says, I ugly cried. I can't even describe the emotions I felt. Just pure love for people that have gone through such a similar journey. I couldn't leave their side. It was priceless to have our kids and families meet. Everyone at the dinner was introduced to them as well and our community welcomed them with open arms. A friend said to me that God's plan is always perfect, no matter how up-side-down and backwards it is to us. All I can think right now is how true that is.

The remainder of the night was a blur. One of the high-lights that stands out from the auction was when a pink pedal tractor and wagon were being auctioned and the bids were going pretty intensely. I think the final bid climbed to around $1300 and after all that battle it was given back to Josie. I broke down again. The entire night was absolutely perfect. God could have given us just a great turn-out but he went the extra mile and put so much heart and soul in that room.

The kids had a great time dancing to the band and after it was all said & done Josie pedaled that pink tractor with her sister Millie in the wagon all over that huge hall. We are still trying to process everything and I'm not sure that we can completely wrap our brains around last night but we do know that we are so grateful and completely humbled.

Comments

  1. Hi Erin,

    It was so awesome to read your latest post! It made me think of Ephesians 3:20 " Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think," Isn't that how it is sometimes? We ask Him to do something and He comes thru in ways we had not even imagined or even thought to ask! There have been times when I have not even thought to pray about something and He does something amazing anyway! What a great God. :) I am so excited for you guys. I look forward to your posts and Josie's progress. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is absolutely right! Thank you so much & I look forward to posting her progress!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts