Recovery 

I'm going to post a quick update as I know time and my weary mind are not going to allow me to post details just yet. 

Last night Josie struggled with nausea from the time she woke after surgery up until midnight. Being sick after anesthesia is typical for her, usually she's sick once maybe twice and then she's on the mend. However, I had a feeling that after our experience with the 9-hour surgery last year, that this longer one might be hard on her. Unfortunately my instincts were right, being under for 11 hours was not kind to her little system. 

This morning a constant parade of her doctors and residents came through to check in. All said the same thing, the doppler that is attached to her new artery and vein had "beautiful sounds" and that her incisions all look great. She is very swollen today and we were told that she will continue to swell for the next several days, with her new muscle remaining swollen for some time. 

Today we're trying to manage her pain & encouraging her to drink her liquid diet. She is slowly coming back to us. 

When I have some time to collect my thoughts I'll try to explain (as simply as possible) what they accomplished yesterday. A heartfelt thank you for all the well wishes, love, prayers & support yesterday. It carried us through.



Comments

Popular Posts