Today


Today. Today I sit in this all too familiar waiting room of Lenox Hill hospital. I'm sitting here trying to process emotions, thoughts, and fully encompass all of the ups, downs and in-between that have brought us to this monumental moment in our lives; today. I'm flooded with memories of the early days of surgeries and carrying my sweet 4-year old in for her first big surgery with Dr. Waner. I'm remembering the battles fought with insurance companies; the disappointments; the tears; the excitement of seeing Josie's tumor slowly fading away, surgery by surgery. Today is the precious day that makes all the tears and pain over the past 9 years worth it. Today Josie's doctors have made the impossible possible; they say she is "disease free". Today her doctors have begun the process of bringing back her smile. Today is not easy, but my heart is so grateful and full. Today is a good day.

Surgery began around 9:30 this morning (eastern time) and is expected to go all day. We've heard at the very least to expect surgery to last 5 hours, but I heard another doctor say to expect 6 p.m. tonight. While the doctors have a laundry list to accomplish today we find comfort in knowing that Josie is in the best hands humanly possible; one of God's many gifts in our lives. I will do my best to post an update after surgery, in the meantime we have the best distractions with us today.



Comments

Popular Posts