Short & Sweet

Josie went in for surgery just before 11 this morning. I was told to expect a shorter surgery (just 2-3 hrs). We even get to go back to the Ronald McDonald House to recover this evening.

Josie had so many nerves going into today, but we hit the jackpot and landed the greatest anesthesiologist she's had, yet. I've shared with you how much Josie despises the gas mask (specifically the smell of the gas) and this doctor went well above and beyond to make sure Josie had the most positive, comfortable experience that she could have...he even had a personality to boot! I'm sure this sounds so trivial, but an anesthesiologist can totally shape a child's outlook on surgery, especially when they have to face surgery after surgery. Dr. Gingrich (the greatest anesthesiologist) actually got Josie to smile. This is just huge for her because she is painfully shy with new people plus add in the stress of surgery=HUGE. I know I say this a lot while we're here, but I'm just so thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts