It's been one week...

Its been one week since surgery and everything seems to be going smooth for Josie. She had her drain tube taken out yesterday and she has been running around here like her usual self. Brooks will play (what I consider) rough with her and I wince every time but she just laughs and shoves him back. 

Dr. Waner's office has scheduled a follow-up surgery for Friday, Aug. 10th. They told us that this surgery will be less invasive and she could possibly be released the same day so this trip will only be 3 days. From what we understand he wants to soften her smile-line and remove a little more on the upper corner of her lip. Since we heard the official date for surgery I've been busy setting up travel, housing, and doctors appointments. Its all overwhelming, I'm used to having more recovery time between trips but I'm thankful. Dr. Waner's schedule is completely booked for August, his PA's both shook their heads at me when he said he'd like us back in a month (like there is no way possible we can fit you in). However, Dr. Waner is Superman and a perfectionist (as described by his PA's) so he made an exception and is doing her surgery on a day that he normally doesn't do surgeries all because he wants her to be "normal" before school. Have I mentioned that I really love Dr. Waner? :)

We made the tough decision to only send one of us with Josie for this surgery, so Dave will be traveling with her. I've been a weepy mess since we made the decision. Its going to be so hard not to be there for my girl taking care of her but I guess this is what grown-ups do; make really tough decisions (and then cry about them because they weren't really what we wanted to do, but it was the grown-up thing to do). I miss being a kid.

To end on a positive, Josie looks amazing. Everyone tells her so and I can see her eyes light up every time she hears it. I took a few pictures to post and of course I'm having troubles uploading them. I'll try to figure out what I'm doing wrong and hopefully post them in the next couple of days.



Comments

Popular Posts