Exploring in the City

Well we arrived in the city safe & sound yesterday. When the cab dropped us off at the apartments I could feel my anxiety lift. We all felt a little like we were "home" for the week. The  familiar neighborhood is comforting & I know when we look back on our time here it will only be with fond memories. There was one damper in my day yesterday & that was when I realized that in our rush to get to the airport I forgot my toiletry bag at home, still hanging on the bathroom door. Which meant no make-up,  no deodorant, no toothbrushes, no shampoo. Ladies, I know you feel my pain. It's an awful feeling when you realize you've left all that behind. Luckily Duane Reade is just up the block, so I'm making due.

So after some quick drug store shopping we met with Dr. Waner yesterday & he thought Josie looked great. He said he will focus his work on the apple of her cheek & top of her lip, which he'll do through the inside of her mouth (no big scars). He plans to sling up her lip to make her smile symmetrical. She may have 2 small incisions  from the slings; one by her eye & another by her mouth. He commented that she will look very different after this surgery. I'm over the moon excited for Josie! We were explaining it all to her after the appointment & she was so excited. She said "mom, I can wear lipstick like you now!" This morning she was sucking in her lips & saying "this is what I'll look like after surgery" (imagine all that being said with tucked lips & it's pretty funny).

Today has been our free day in the city. We went early to Chelsea & saw the piers & the market (excellent place to eat...go hungry). We are starting to master the subway system so we explored  several neighborhoods & the Brooklyn Bridge. The pictures of Josie above were taken in Washington Square park (next to NYU campus, which btw made me wish I had been more adventurous in my college choice). It was a beautiful park & we had a good time playing in the fountain.

Surgery is scheduled for 11:30 tomorrow morning (10:30 IA time). I will do my best to update as we know more. Till then please keep her in your prayers!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

Comments

  1. Lifting your sweet Josie (also mommy and daddy) up to God as she braves another surgery tomorrow!

    Stephanie Mohler

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts