Just a quick update...Josie went in for surgery around 2:20 p.m. She was so brave all day and as I'm typing this Brooks is reading over my shoulder and chimed in that's he's brave too:) Anyway, the anesthesiologist kept coming in and talking and joking with Josie. He brought in several flavors of chapstick and had her pick her favorite and they rubbed the inside of her mask with it. He told her that he was going to play a game with her and he was going to try to beat her at blowing up the balloon through the mask. She walked down the hall to surgery giggling with me and the anesthesiologist. She sat on my lap and held the mask to her face all by herself and focused on the balloon that had a smiley face drawn on it. She puffed and grinned and fell asleep with a smile on her face. Not one thing about the process was scary or intimidating and the doctors are just amazing, they put us at ease. Dr. Waner walked me back after they put her to sleep and reassured me that she's fine and that it would be 5:30-6 p.m. (eastern time) before they finished. He told us to go get a cup of coffee and is going to call my cell when he's done. So that's where we're at. I think their strategy may have changed some in their approach to removing the tumor for today. They were going to decide after Josie was under. She may not have to have the incision along her nose, may just be an incision by her ear. Dr. Waner said its more difficult but its more cosmetically appealing. Anyway, I'll post later after surgery and let everyone know how she's doing. We are at ease with everything, hope that puts others at ease, too! We're so extremely proud of Josie (and Brooks, too:)!

Comments

Popular Posts